Why choose Samson Home School Academy?
- We offer individual attention in a micro-class environment. Maximum class size is SIX (6) students.
- The maximum enrollment for the academy is 16 students.
- We have extensive policies aimed at preventing the spread of the corona virus.
- We offer students in-person instruction using a curriculum which both meets Texas standards and has been demonstrated to achieve outstanding results.
- The program’s director has over 25 years teaching experience.
My child is in a magnet program. What can you offer us?
Children in magnet programs are invited to bring their laptops to class at Samson. Teachers will help these students log in and will be available in case the child needs help in any way. Once magnet students have completed their daily magnet requirements, they join in regular Samson activities.
Will you run this program after in-person classes start for the school districts?
Yes, we intend to run this program for the entire school year.
Is there a minimum enrollment period?
Yes, because our classes are so small there is a minimum enrollment of one semester.
Where are Samson Academy classes held?
We are located in the education wing of Lambert Hall, 1703 Heights Blvd, in Houston Heights.
Classrooms have tables, white boards, math manipulatives, art supplies, wifi – everything a school classroom needs. Our location also includes a dining area as well as garden beds for each class.
What is the composition of each class? Are classes mixed age?
Because of the strict need for micro-sized classes, classes may reflect the Montessori approach of mixed age classes. This would generally keep children of similar levels together: kinder and first grade, for example. However, children develop in different areas at different rates. A child technically in kinder may be reading on the second grade level. The small size of our classes allows for individual attention to children regardless of age or grade level.